Prev: [FT] Missiles (was Re: Free Orange Republic Ships) Next: Re: Reviresco (was Denizen/Ainsty figs - question of scale)

MT missiles in FB and Vector

From: "Brian Bell" <bkb@b...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:34:49 -0400
Subject: MT missiles in FB and Vector

I give MT missiles a movement of 36mu. 2nd edition has fighters
at 12mu and missiles at 18mu. FB doubles the speed of fighters.
I assumed that they double the speed of MT missiles as well.
I give them 1 point to rotate (but in vector, all you need is
1 point to rotate to any facing). The missile spends upto 18mu
(1/2 of the 36mu) before any rotation and upto 18 (1/2) after
any rotation. Endurance, like fighters, goes to 6 turns. And
the missile _does_ maintain inertia from turn to turn. Orders
do _not_ have to be written for missiles.

I also play that PDS will take a MT missile out on a 5 or 6.
But each missile must be targeted seperatly.

> While we're discussing missiles and movement, what happens
> if you launch your salvo missiles and wind up as the closest
> object to your aiming point?	Do your missiles have IFF?  Or
> do your colleagues chuckle at your memorial service?

We play that salvo missiles do _NOT_ have IFF. So you will want
to steer away from where they will detonate.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net <mailto:bkb@beol.net>
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/