Prev: Re: Deckplan page Next: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

Re: Deckplan page

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:33:30 -0700
Subject: Re: Deckplan page

>There's a rundown of typical Alert States on P.44 of the FB1. Red
(Battle
>Alert) status has all primary combat crew (Bridge, TacOps, Engineering,
>Gunnery) in sealed suits, as are all DC crews; in most navies other
>non-combat-essential personnel will probably be suited as well if
they've
>got any sense, or sealed into individual pressure-tight staterooms.
>I would think that bridge crew suits would be of the lightweight
"skinsuit"
>variety with bubble helmets to allow maximum vision and freedom of
>movement. Engineering and DC crews would wear heavier worksuits or even
PA.
>Status Yellow Two (General Quarters) has all essential crew to stations
in
>open suits (unsealed, helmets racked within reach).
>
>Jon (GZG)

I always cringe when I see ships onscreen going into combat without
the crew in vac suits, even with Star Trek technology they depend way
too much on force fields.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
If you hear a ringing in your ears, don't answer it.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: Re: Deckplan page Next: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft