Prev: RE: Deckplan page Next: [URL][FT] Full Thrust Ship Registry Updated

Re: [FT] PBeM

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:57:53 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] PBeM

>> Good idea, but how workable is it?
>
>Easy... if you think a ship is going to run into a 'wall' and won't get
arc on
>you - set its weight to 0 so that you concentrate on all the other
ships.

What I meant in this case, is how does "weight integrate into the other
priorities (TARGET X, etc.)?

>Hopefully completely automated.  Email collected automatically, turn
>processed,
>emails sent with reports to each player.

Sounds good, and "no," it doesn't really sound THAT difficult for a
decent
coder.

>will the complete automation, you could play with almost no GM
interaction.
>I don't have very many people to play with here where I live (not to
mention
>being in another town to work from 7am-7pm), so the general intention
was to
>allow me to play with people with an easy interface.  With
possibilities for
>experimentation in AI players etc...

Good idea.

>If people are willing, once I have the initial engine - I'd like to run
>some alpha-testing games for people on the list  [And find out whether
>the koche effect carryies over into the internet ;)]

I'd like to participate. You can contact me off-list with details when
you're ready.

Schoon

Prev: RE: Deckplan page Next: [URL][FT] Full Thrust Ship Registry Updated