Prev: DS2 question Next: Re: Starting from the ground up...

Re: Starting from the ground up...

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:49:47 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Starting from the ground up...

On 27-Oct-99 at 11:20, Imre A. Szabo (ias@sprintmail.com) wrote:
> Better leave the design system more or less alone.  It works very well
as
> is.  I've experimented with mass costs for class 1 and 2 beams, but it
is
> not really worth it.	Small ships actually do have the right feel.
> Remember that most small ships in the FB are convoy escorts.	As for
> making them more manueverable, drop the hull rating and add more
> engines...

Think of it this way.

Your characters are on a frigate (quite a large vessal for player
characters) and have 4 hull boxes.  They take a shot from the
pirate, he rolls a 6 and then another 6.  Boom, everyone is dead.
Role playing game over.

You have to go to a little finer granularity when you are going to
use this for a roleplaying game.

Roger

Prev: DS2 question Next: Re: Starting from the ground up...