Prev: US' "Remembrance Day" (OT) Next: Re: Starting from the ground up...

Re: US' "Remembrance Day" (OT)

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:09:00 -0500
Subject: Re: US' "Remembrance Day" (OT)

Nov 11 which is Veteran's Day is the US version of Remembance Day.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 10/27 8:18 AM >>>
>(I don't believe November 11 as Remembrance Day is celebrated in the
US. I
>know it's done in Canada, the UK and the Commonwealth nations, but what
&
>when does the States hold their equivilant?)

November 11 is "Veterans Day" in the US.  We also have a "Memorial Day"
in
late May, which I believe started as "Decoration Day" either during or
shortly after our Civil War (a holiday on which you'd go out and
decorate
the graves of soldiers with flowers and such... basically the same
concept
as Remembrance Day, I'd gather).

Kent

Prev: US' "Remembrance Day" (OT) Next: Re: Starting from the ground up...