Prev: RE: Submunnitions Arcs? Next: RE: KV unofficial FB conversions

Re: Remembrance Day (Nov 11)

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 06:52:24 EDT
Subject: Re: Remembrance Day (Nov 11)

In a message dated 10/26/99 11:50:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
yh728@victoria.tc.ca writes:

>  (I don't believe November 11 as Remembrance Day is celebrated in the
US. I
>  know it's done in Canada, the UK and the Commonwealth nations, but
what &
>  when does the States hold their equivilant?)

The only difference I know of is we call it Veterans Day. It's also held
on
Nov. 11. It was originally called Armistice Day, however, after WWII I
believe, the powers that be decided to expand it to include all who have

served.

John Rebori, USN (Discharged)
ex-USS Pegasus PHM-1

Prev: RE: Submunnitions Arcs? Next: RE: KV unofficial FB conversions