Prev: Re: Armageddon Outfitter problems Next: Remembrance Day (Nov 11)

Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:31:10 +1000
Subject: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

Thomas Pope wrote:

> Well, I haven't had as much time to work on the macro-starship idea as
I would
> have liked, but I did get some work done.  As stated, I'm starting
with a Falke
> class scoutship and then I'll work my way up to the destroyer in time.
>
> I've decided to go with 1/2400 scale.  It's an arbitrary choice, but
seems to
> work.  I went about measuring the miniature in mm and then multiplying
by 2400
> to find the 'real world' size.  Then I can scale however I want after
I draw up
> the plans.
>
> Before I do much more drawing, I wanted to run my compartments through
the list
> for review.  This list came from some scouring of the fleet book
(mostly the
> back section)  So far, everything on this list can fit in my hull.
>
> - Bridge
> - Engineering
> - Galley (very small)
> - Crew Quarters (3 bunks for 5 ratings)
> - Officer's Quarters (2 bunks for 2 officers)
> - Captain's Quarters
> - Airlock
> - Escape pod
>
> Thoughts?

You missed the heads....

Engineering - Life Support, Sensors, Weapons, Propulsion, FTL, Reactor,
Heat Exchange, Computers, ECM/Decoys,

Stores, Armoury, Secure Facility (safe), Brig (for prisoners or rescued
personnel), Gym/Entertainment Centre/Library/Theatre,
Jacuzzi/Spa/Bathroom, Sickbay.

The above based on current submarine practice, mixed in with a bit of
patrol vessel, and a smidgin of long-range aircraft.

On an NAC Battledreadnaught, the cinema might be capable of holding 20
or so people, maybe more. On an ESU corvette, it's a Walkman with one
pair of headphones, usually broken.
--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Armageddon Outfitter problems Next: Remembrance Day (Nov 11)