Prev: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft Next: Re: GZG is dying!

Metal stuff - Soldering

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:08:33 -0400
Subject: Metal stuff - Soldering

Q:
I assume the melting point of Lead-Acid solder or Rosin Core solder
(or Eutectic for that matter) is low, as is the melting point of lead
minis. Therefore, I would have thought solder a poor choice for
bonding minis together. However, I also know Pewter may have a
different and higher melting point.

Has anyone tried soldering together minis like Jon makes? What were
the results?

I'm interested in this as I am competent with a soldering station and
would consider using it to attach smaller parts (fins and such) if I
didn't think it would damage the minis.

Any experiences from the list in this area would be of interest.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft Next: Re: GZG is dying!