Prev: RE: [ds2] firing through other units Next: Re:Star General [OT]

RE: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...)

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:10:50 +0100
Subject: RE: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...)

>Tim, if it gets up to 90C in your car in the summer, I'm
>curious to know where you live.  Or did you mean 90F ?

White metal solder melts at about 70-90 centigrade, which is
unlikely in a car (except possibly in high summer in a sealed box)
but easily raised by a heat gun or hair drier or very hot water.

It is great for miniatures for those little fiddly bits which
won't hold with cyano and are too small for epoxy (like the wing guns
on the old FASA klingon BOP). Makes a hard but brittle joint.

Available from model railways shops the world over. But it is very
expensive w/w and of a toxic nature so I'm not now so convinced
it could be used in a toy casting system.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: [ds2] firing through other units Next: Re:Star General [OT]