Prev: RE: [FT] Sol SDN-X (3rd proposal) Next: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (4th proposal)

[FT] Sol SDN-X (4th proposal)

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:31:08 +1000
Subject: [FT] Sol SDN-X (4th proposal)

Finally found the pictures again.
Well, we want the UN to be powerful, but capable of multirole actions,
so
how about adding Needlebeams?  The small boxes about halfway down the
wing
could easily be used as the mounting for them.
The hanger decks are only convention, how about a limited fighter bay
for
long range reconnaisance?
By ripping out the troop bay and the SMRs we can add an ADFC with no
other
modifications.
If this is designed using a Weak hull, we get 233 & 202 mass
respectively.

*****
UNSC Sol Class SDN-X
Mass:	300
Points: 	995 + 8 pts of LR fighters
Hull:	Average
FTL:	Std
Main Drive: 3
Armour: 	15
Damage Track: 90; 23/23/22/22
Crew Factor: 15+8 marines
Screen-2
Firecontrols: 5
Superior Sensors
3 x Class-3 batteries (FP/F/FS) - nose, wingtips
2 x Class-2 batteries (AP/FP/F)
2 x Class-2 batteries (F/FS/AS)
2 x SMR(std)	(FP/F/FS) - sidenose launcher
4 x Pulsetorpedoes	(FP/F/FS) - wingtip mounts
4 x Needlebeams (F) - wing box mounts
6 x PDS
Cargo (Troops/Passengers): 8
Fighter Bay (2 LR fighters) - 3 mass

UNSC Gaia class SDN
Mass:	260
Points: 	857+8 pts of LR fighters
Hull:	Average
FTL:	Std
Main Drive: 3
Armour: 	15
Damage Track: 78; 20/20/19/19
Crew Factor: 13
Screen-2
Firecontrols: 5
ADFC
Superior Sensors
3 x Class-3 batteries (FP/F/FS) - nose, wingtips
2 x Class-2 batteries (AP/FP/F) - broadsides
2 x Class-2 batteries (F/FS/AS) - broadsides
4 x Pulsetorpedoes	(FP/F/FS) - wingtip mounts
4 x Needlebeams (F) - wing box mounts
6 x PDS
Fighter Bay (2 fighters) - 3 mass

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/