Prev: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (3rd proposal) Next: Sol and Gaia Class (another cut)

Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (3rd proposal)

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:31:44 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (3rd proposal)

On 25-Oct-99 at 14:24, Rob Pruden (rpruden@dakotacom.net) wrote:

> Another thought...  I agree with using pulse torpedoes as a big part
of the
> UN weapons loadout as well.  They did invent them after all.
>
> As much as I like the idea of MT missiles on these ships I haven't
played
> with them since the FB came out.  What is the current take on their
combat
> effectiveness?  Their ability to carry different warheads would be
nice.

Depends on how many you put on and what rules you use.	If you give them
endurance like fighters (and combat moves) they become rather nasty.
Remember, while a PDS can take out several missiles from a salvo it can
only take out one MT missile.

Roger

Prev: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (3rd proposal) Next: Sol and Gaia Class (another cut)