Prev: Re: [FT URL] Lastest IF ships from GZG pix Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] UNSC ships....

[FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:05:35 -0400
Subject: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal)

OK, Here is another shot at stats.
Sol class Extended Range Superdreadnought
Tech: Human (FB)
Govt: USNC
Mass: 257
Cost: 881
Clas: Extended Range Superdreadnought (SDN-X)
Hull: Weak
Strm: None
FTL:  Std.
MD:   4
Armr: 14
Damg: 51; 13/13/13/12
Crew: 13
Sens: Enhanced
Systems
  2 x Screen
  5 x FCS
  1 x ADFC
  6 x PDS
  1 x Wave Gun (F)
  4 x Class-3 beam (F)
  2 x Salvo Missile Launcher (FP,F,FS)
  1 x Salvo Missile Magazine (6 Salvos)
  3 x Class-2 beam (FP,F,FS)
  3 x Class-2 beam (F,FS,AS)
  1 x Class-2 beam (AS,A,AP)
  4 x Class-1 beam (All)
  8 x Cargo/Passenger Space
  1 x Hanger Bay (Mass 2 Shuttle)
Notes:
  This proposal was worked off the initial proposal. It was
  scaled down and made more rounded (at the cost of firepower).
  A Wave Gun was substitued for the Nova Cannon (better weapon).
  4 Class-3s replaced 3 Class 4s. 7 class-2 beam batteries
  replaced 6 Pulse torpedos (fore) as the fore arc has suficient
  firepower. Superior sensors were added. Main Drive was
  increased to 4. Mass was reduced by 7 and cost by 46.

Sol class Superdreadnought
Tech: Human (FB)
Govt: USNC
Mass: 231
Cost: 837
Clas: Superdreadnought (SDN)
Hull: Weak
Strm: None
FTL:  Std.
MD:   2
Armr: 14
Damg: 46; 12/12/11/11
Crew: 12
Sens: Enhanced
Systems
  2 x Screen
  5 x FCS
  1 x ADFC
  8 x PDS
  1 x Wave Gun (F)
  4 x Class-3 beam (F)
  3 x Salvo Missile Launcher (FP,F,FS)
  1 x Salvo Missile Magazine (6 Salvos)
  1 x Salvo Missile Magazine (6 Salvos)
  4 x Class-2 beam (FP,F,FS)
  4 x Class-2 beam (F,FS,AS)
  1 x Class-2 beam (AS,A,AP)
  4 x Class-1 beam (All)
  1 x Hanger Bay (Mass 2 shuttle)
Notes:
  The non-extended version is 26 mass lighter and costs 44 less.
  It drops the Main Drive to 2. Drops the cargo space. Adds a
  Salvo Missile Launcher, and 6 missile salvos. It addes a 2
  Class-2 beam batteries.

Not having seen these in person, they may still be too big.
Mas of other SDNs/Carriers:
Valley Forge:	  190
Von Tegetthoff:   200
Der Thunderdank:  220
Komorov:	  220
Konstantin:	  240
Foch:		  250
Jeanne D'Arc:	  280
The listing above would put the UNSC SDN larger than Der Thunderdank and
Komorov (a huge ship). And the SDN-x larger than the Foch.

-----
Brian Bell
brian_bell@dscc.dla.mil
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

[snip]
> I'd say that the SDNs aren't as big as some people have thought
> (judging by the suggested stats posted earlier). Visually comparing
> them with the Jeanne D'Arc in the next display case, I'd say that the
> SDN-X wouldn't be a lot more massive and the SDN may be slightly
> smaller. And presumably the extra mass on the SDN-X would fuel,
> supplies, etc. rather than weaponry.
[snip]

Prev: Re: [FT URL] Lastest IF ships from GZG pix Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] UNSC ships....