Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book Next: 썒璶䠠晡湥删浥瑡档

First there was the mini, now a design (Sol Class)

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 00:57:28 -0400
Subject: First there was the mini, now a design (Sol Class)

I was hacking around with Armaggedon outfitter, looking at the model,
looking at the design, going back to the model, going back to the
design...etc.

I came up with what follows.... it captures (for me) the mini and the
spirit of a huge, well defended (shields over armour, lots of PDS,
redundancy in FC and ADFC), heavily gunned (look at those barrels! and
all the add ons on the sides of the fuselage just scream offense!)
monster. And it probably fits with large government (ie the UN) and
large military-industry pork barrelling (No, No Mr. General Secretary!
Don't listen to those fools! Clearly the new SDN needs room for an
entire marine contingent which can also be refitted as diplomats
quarters! And of course we need the Multi-Phase BFG Array....yes... I
know it costs $32 Gigabucks but it'll be the pride of Earth.... would I
lie to you...?) .

Without further adieu.

UNSC Sol Class SDN-X

 Hull Displacement
		     350
 Point Cost
		     1269
 Unallocated Mass
		     0
 Ship Type
		     Military
 Hull Strength
		     Weak
 Hull Armor
		     18
 Streamlining
		     None
 Thrust
		     2
 FTL Capable
 Passive Sensors
 Active Sensors
		     Superior
 ECM
		     Individual

Armour: 18
First Row: 18
Second Row: 18
Third Row: 17
Fourth Row: 17
Crew Units: 18 (plus an extra 8 spaces full of troops or diplomats or
whatever)

 Nova Cannon (the four big guns on the wings combine a la Crusade to
produce this effect)

 Beam / 4
		     FP F FS AP AS
 Beam / 4
		     FP F FS AP
 Beam / 4
		     FP F FS AS

(The two longer barrelled guns on the wing and the one on the nose)

 MT Missiles
		     (4) Normal

(The sidemounted tubes off the front fuselage)

 SML
		     (2)

(The square 4 barrell protrusions (forward facing) off the bottom of the
fuselage just forward of the wings)

 SM Magazine
		     Cap: 12
		     (6 / 4 ER salvos)
 Fire Control System
		     (5)
 ADFC
		     (2)
 PDS
		     (8)
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher
		     FP F
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher
		     FP F
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher
		     FP F
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher
		     F FS
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher
		     F FS
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher
		     F FS

(The four mid-wing mounts (above and below) on the horizontal wing, and
the two forward facing mounts near the front of the fuselage on the top
section)

 Screen
		     Level 2
 Hangar Bay
		     Cap: 2 mass of craft (craft
		     included)

(Call it a captains gig, or an interface lander for landing the marines
or diplomats)

 Beam / 1
		     FP F FS AP A AS
 Beam / 1
		     FP F FS AP A AS
 Beam / 1
		     FP F FS AP A AS
 Beam / 1
		     FP F FS AP A AS
 Cargo Space
		     T2 T2 T2 T2

(The cargo modules at the back of the ship - crew quarters, cargo
modules)

 Beam / 1
		     FP F FS AP A AS

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book Next: 썒璶䠠晡湥删浥瑡档