Prev: Re: [DS] alien figures in 6mm Next: Re: PW-GW

Re: The fun of convention organizing...

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 23:57:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The fun of convention organizing...

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> Mike Stanczyk wrote:
> > It's cardboard crack.  I've seen 8 year old kids lined up 10 deep,
*shaking*,
> > waiting to buy Pokemon.  It's an addiction.
>
>	Around here they call it "paper crack".
>	You see, when you open a pack, you release an odorless gas
>	which, when inhaled, creates an urge to purchase *more*

This would be the same gas that Pudding Workshop uses in the air
conditioning of PW stores, and in their own blisters and boxes?

It's about the only reason I can see for otherwise (mostly) rational
friends buying into PW stuff...

I _thought_ I felt strange after the last time I entered a PW store (and
didn't buy anything...) :>

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
      -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	      - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -

Prev: Re: [DS] alien figures in 6mm Next: Re: PW-GW