Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] UNSC ships.... Next: Re: Hoka figs

Re: Casting your own...

From: Steven M Goode <gromit+@C...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:34:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Casting your own...

Excerpts from mail: 22-Oct-99 Re: Casting your own... by
"Laserlight"@quixnet.net
> >Just a thought on the casting your own...
> >
> >Has anyone thought of making _glass_ miniatures? I thought
> it would be
> >suitable for energy based or jellyfish alien races, where
> you could see
> >through the miniature. Or, maybe transparent _resin_
> figures?
> >
> >Andrew Martin
> >Who's been wondering where he can get a gelatinous cube
> mini from...

Check out Fortress Figures (www.fortressfigures.com) - they cast a lot
of plastic stuff (altho their plastic has the consistency of milliput -
it's easy to drill, cut, and sand) including some clear plastic stuff.
In fact, they have one alien egg thing that's translucent with an embryo
(sp?) in the middle...very cool.  You might ask them what they use (if
they're willing to tell you) or ask if they'd be willing to cast
something for you.

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] UNSC ships.... Next: Re: Hoka figs