Prev: Re: The fun of convention organizing... Next: Re: Casting your own...

Casting your own...

From: Michael Petska <petska@g...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:10:10 -0500
Subject: Casting your own...

	Howdy, all!
	Got a query for the list. We are rather poor, so I can't afford
fleets of
cool minis (sorry, jon@gzg :-(	 However, I came up with a great
alternative, since I don't want to push cardboard counters around for
the
rest of my life (reminds me WAY to much of SFB ;-). I bought a variety
of
balsa wood sheets and some pine dowels and I'm gonna build MY OWN minis.
HELP, I think I've lost my mind! :-)  Anyway, I've built a propotype DD
and
it looks decent. Not up to GZG standards, but with some more detail work
and lots of practice I think I'll do ok.
	Which brings me to my question. I realized it's going to take
SOME time to
scratch build a fleet of minis from wood. Then, my brain rolled over and
thought what if I just make ONE prototype from wood. Make a mold and
cast
it in lead. My dad and I are already handloaders (translated: "firearms
nuts") so I have some experience with molten lead.
	How do I make my own molds???

May Reason and Logic be with you, always...	Mike Petska
						       petska@gpcom.net

Prev: Re: The fun of convention organizing... Next: Re: Casting your own...