Prev: The fun of convention organizing... Next: Re: The fun of convention organizing...

Re: The fun of convention organizing...

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:41:27 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: The fun of convention organizing...

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Jon Davis wrote:

> For a good laugh.
>
> I received a convention support packet from Wizards of the Coast
> this week for the Ground Zero Games East Coast Convention.  It had
> all kinds of information on running sanctioned tournaments for
> Magic and D&D and advertising deals.	Of most use for us is the
> prizes packages that we could get from them.
>
> Just think!  Instead of cool UNSC or Islamic Federation ships as
> prizes we can be handing out Pokemon packs!
>
> :-)
>
> Jon

The sad part is that I've seen Pokemon packs going for $4.99us to as
high as $11.99us.  For 11 cards per pack.

It's cardboard crack.  I've seen 8 year old kids lined up 10 deep,
*shaking*,
waiting to buy Pokemon.  It's an addiction.

Mike

Prev: The fun of convention organizing... Next: Re: The fun of convention organizing...