Prev: Romans as Engineers Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

Petition to St. Jon of Needham - feel free to "me too" this one

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:58:54 -0400
Subject: Petition to St. Jon of Needham - feel free to "me too" this one

<CLIP START>

This follows on part of a previous idea someone came up with, so I've
just followed it. It isn't binding, but it is a visible show of
support and an impetus to consider the idea.

If you agree with this, in order to save space/BW, just leave the
subject line, clip everything between the <CLIP> borders, and sign
your name - post to the list, as opposed to directly to Jon T. I don't
want to flood his mailbox and mess up the incoming orders for the new
UNSC ships....

I'll put myself down as the first to put this into words. (And as
someone impressed with Tony's work)

We, the undersigned, hereby respectfully recommend that St. Jon of
Needham consider letting Brigade (aka Tony Francis et al.) become the
official NI sculptor/supplier for the GZGverse. This is in
consideration of the facts that:

1) They have done excellent FT-scale ship minis, and DS2-scale AFVs
for the "Semitic Federation of Space Faring Worlds". The designs are
unique, attractive, and from all appearances well-cast. And it seems
that the quality is improving.

2) Trade is a good thing - you can no doubt help each other out from
an advertising and representation point of view. No doubt there can be
a mutually beneficial agreement come to to further enhance the hobby
and spread the word of the GZGverse. And Tony seems a good
representative of the hobby.

3) Having already done NI infantry, having vehicles to go with them
would be fabulous (and either you or Tony could up-scale some of his
DS2 casts for SG2) for the gamers.

4) Having already sculpted NI ships, and NI vehicles, St. Jon of
Needham could then focus on the many other projects needing his
attention (BDS, FB2, FMASkirmish, various FT-ish fighter games, Minis
for many other groups that need them.....).

We hope that Jon and Tony can put their heads together and at least
seriously investigate this option and if it is deemed viable, make it
so. This is of course only a recommendation and does not presume to be
otherwise, but perhaps a show of support for the idea will help move
it along. Rumor has it Jon and Tony will both be at Bifrost... maybe a
little "public opinion" beforehand will encourage them! :)

<CLIP END>

Signatories to the Petition re: Recommendation to investigate Brigade
as official NI supplier

Thomas Barclay
<insert your name here>

Prev: Romans as Engineers Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!