Prev: Re: Where's a listenfuhrer when you need him? Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

Re: Jets Vs Vtol

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 03:38:22 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Jets Vs Vtol

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Ludo Toen wrote:

> > There is even a rocket system for equipping the Cayuse or other OH
> > type
> > helos that fires out to a certain range and then bursts in a wall of
> > flechettes. Its designed specifically to hose an attacking aircraft.

> Got any more specific on that one? I do know of a 2"75 rocket warhead
> that works just like that (the WDU4/A) but, if I'm not mistaken, that

Found it after a bit of looking.

M255 Flechette warhead for the Hydra 70 Rocket. 2500 28 grain flechettes

plus three tracers for air to air and air to ground use. The fuse can be

set to operate at 500ft to 6000ft.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Where's a listenfuhrer when you need him? Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!