Prev: Re: Alien rules? Next: Re: Alien rules?

Re: Alien rules?

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:18:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Alien rules?

>>"Hey they found us!"
>>"I told you not to wear that new cologne..." <SMACK>
>
>"We'ren't me Sarge! It was Hudson's farts!"
>
>Okay okay, now we've got that over with:
>
>Is anyone developing rules for really _alien_races, like the "smelling"
bugs
>in the discussion mentioned?
>
>Would anyone _care_ to?
>
>I'd love to get a set up on USG2WS...

I have a lot of different alien figures, but the ones that I keep
returning
to, time and again, are the GW tyranids.  Why?	Because they are not
humanoids.  This is the same reason that I'm fond of the Kryomek
figures,
and my Battlelord Arachnids, and even the Ral Partha Psions, but unlike
all
of them, I've actually painted most of my tyranids....

One plan involved using the Armorcast exocrine tanks (I've got a pair of
them) as some sort of brain.  They would dispatch couriers of various
sorts
-- either the 15mm genestealer "familiars" or the Necromunda "Ripper
Jacks"
-- who would deliver orders to the workers (genestealers) and warriors
(termegants) in the form of pheremone packets.	The warriors would be
given
orders/objectives before the battle began, and the brain could only
change
them by recieving and dispatching couriers -- of which each unit would
have
several, constantly moving between them and the brain.

It needs a lot more work to become even marginally functional, but
there's
the basic idea.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Alien rules? Next: Re: Alien rules?