Prev: Re: SGII: Ainsty Denizen 25mm figs? Next: RE: [SGII] Furry troopers

Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:22:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

At 03:44 PM 10/20/99 -0600, Don wrote:
>At 07:45 AM 10/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>trapper wrote:
>>> I've always envisioned the Japanese fleet as streamlined and
high-tech
>>> instead of boxy, something with a bit of panache.  Similar to the
FSE
>>> cruisers, perhaps.	I like the NSL and similar looking ships, but
they're
>>> way too bulky to be Japanese. :)  Anyway, that's just my take on the

>>> matter.
>>
>>Perhaps some variation on the elipsoid-looking ships from Star Wars?
>>(escape-from-Hoth ship from ESB and part of the fleet in RoTJ)
>>Interesting designs, and very sleek looking.	Plus they'd have other
>>uses...
>
>I've gotta go with the list on this one. I always thought of the
Japanese
>fleet as looking very sleek and, well, anime like.

Actually... I don't know if anyone else likes the idea, I like the ship
designs used in the intro to the Emperor of the Fading Suns copmuter
game,
and was mildly upset when the ship designs produced for their ship
combat
game looked nothing like 'em.  The ships are very much in the style of
seagoing ships in space, though much curvier... the BBs and DNs also
have
wave motion guns (or whatever) on the front.  I can prolly pull some
images
from the intro movie if anyone wants to see them... I'm not sure they'd
be
*that* suitable for IJN (unless you really want to go Yamato-style) but
would like to see minis of those ships.

The new mini looks great, BTW!

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net

Prev: Re: SGII: Ainsty Denizen 25mm figs? Next: RE: [SGII] Furry troopers