Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix? Next: Re: UN Ship Names

Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix?

From: The future will be better tomorrow <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:14:40 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix?

>>> Further to the last few news posts, I've just assembled the first
>>> production casting of the new UNSC Superdreadnought, and it looked
so good
>>> that I whipped the digital camera out and took a few pics straight
away!

>>Wow.	That's a *great* ship.	Very UN, I think.  Are you going to have
>>the quad fin arrangement for other UN ships?
>
>For some of the other large ones, yes. The smaller classes will have
just
>two fins, or none.
>BTW, just to clarify the size of the SDN, it is 110mm from bow to
drives!

Jon,

For the other ships you plan to take pix of, what about including, say
at
the base, a small coin or paperclip or something else that is generally
recognized by most people for scale comparison? This is something that
is
done quite often in cave photography, when the photographer is shooting
a formation, but since you have absolutely no sense of scale, a
carabiner
or some other small but recognizable object is placed in the picture so
the viewer can get a sense of scale (if the thing is huge, then the
object
added to the pic is generally human ;-)

Mk
-
  /@		       .  .	      If you insist on reaching for a
  <|\			  .  )	      star, be prepared to take a long,
   |		     /\ 	      hard fall.
   |		    //
   /		 o //*		      Indy - climber, astronomer,
adventurer
  /		<%- /|\ 	      supreme. Have rope, will travel.

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix? Next: Re: UN Ship Names