Prev: Re: UN Ship Names Next: Re: Request to Stop Thread - OT You want underreported news...

Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix?

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:17:31 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix?

On 20-Oct-99 at 13:15, The future will be better tomorrow
(KOCHTE@stsci.edu)
wrote: >

> Jon,
>
> For the other ships you plan to take pix of, what about including, say
at
> the base, a small coin or paperclip or something else that is
generally
> recognized by most people for scale comparison?

How about one of the "standard" miniatures.  I would think an FSE SDN
would give you a good idea of scale, since it is currently the largest
ship.  Or one of the myriad of destroyers.

> the viewer can get a sense of scale (if the thing is huge, then the
object
> added to the pic is generally human ;-)

I'm not buying any mini's where a human is needed for scale, no matter
how nice it is. :)

Roger

Prev: Re: UN Ship Names Next: Re: Request to Stop Thread - OT You want underreported news...