Prev: Romans as no-retreaters Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! -Reply

Re: A question of scale

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:32:17 -0400
Subject: Re: A question of scale

bbrush@rev.state.ne.us wrote:

> Actually if you're going with resin, you could cast the walls and
floors in
> open face moulds and then sandwich them together for the finished
wall.

I hadn't though of that.  I was thinking posterboard with bits added on
like piping and such to look suitably cluttered.  The resin idea has
much more merit...

> The floors could also be done that way.

Yep...	Oh boy, time to place that order to Micro-Mark...

> Doing it this way you could also make it somewhat modular so that you
could
> use your scoutship modules as part of your destroyer, and avoid a
> repetition of effort.

Certainly.  Now I just need to start working on some floor-plans.
Before that, I guess I've got to figure out what has to actually fit
into the hull.

> Now doing a multi-level ship could be loads of fun.  :-)

Agreed, though it would probably be easier to make a single level ship.
If I even do build something big like a destroyer, I'll have to find
some way of staking them and then unstacking them as peopel climb up and
down between levels.

> Just trying to "help".  :-)

Thanks, I think.  :-)

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Romans as no-retreaters Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! -Reply