Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! -Reply

Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:11:02 +0100
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

>On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:04:28 +0100 Ground Zero Games
><jon@gzero.dungeon.com> wrote:
>
>> These latest ships are very "techno-brick" in style [...]; these look
>very "realistic" ships, with modular (and interchangeable) sections for
>forward hulls, weapon and sensor booms, reaction mass/cargo modules and
>drive units. We (and you) should be able to make a very large number of
>variations from mixing and matching various parts from the classes (and
>yes, they WILL be easy to assemble... <grin>). <
>
>This sounds very UNSC-ish to me, rather than Japanese. Given the UN
>forces' need to recruit from the major powers, and their relatively
>small industrial base (I think), the modular route would be a good way
>for them to go. I'm looking forward to seeing these (and maybe buying
>some -- oh, my aching bank balance....), but preferably as UN ships.
>
>Besides, with the advent of the Kra'Vak, I think we _need_ UNSC ships
>rather than Japanese.

Yes, I agree - I think I'm now leaning towards UNSC myself for this
range,
partly because I've got some other ideas for the Jap navy, much more
"Ninja
Rocketship" style.....

BTW, in case anyone didn't realise, the descriptions "Techno Brick" and
"Ninja Rocketship" were coined by RTG in one of their Mekton books, to
describe the two main styles of spaceship found in Anime - the Techno
Brick
is the unstreamilned, "realistic" style with bits all over it ( Legend
of
the Galactic Heroes etc.) while the Ninja Rocketship is Space Cruiser
Yamato, Harlock's Arcadia etc.....

So, suggestions for some class names for the UNSC fleet....?

Jon (GZG)