Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

From: trapper <trapper@n...>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:33:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

At 04:04 PM 10/19/99 -0500, Danny M. Moody wrote:

>Could you throw in a few with rotational sections (kinda like the JC
ships).
>I would *love* to have some not-JC ships - seeing that DP9 prolly won't
be
>making any.
>
>-DM

Actually, with the release of the Lightning Strike game for Jovian
Chronicles there ARE a set of 1/5000 scale ships in the planning stages.
They'd probably be resin, or at least that's what Mark Vezina has
mentioned
on the JCML, but they'll probably end up in the same general size class
as
the FT ships.  They won't be out for awhile (DP9 is doing a major
adjustment
of its in-house mini production lines, trying to reduce costs) but
they're
in the works.

As far as doing not-JC ships (as opposed to ones that vaguely follow the
design principles), I think Senor Tuffley is wise to stay away from
that.
Making similar representations of ships from movies and comics is quite
different from infringing on another gaming company's "turf."
Especially
when there's a high likelihood that the Pod will be coming out with
their
own stuff.

The new ships sound good ("techno brick," huh?) but I'd like to suggest
that
they be UN ships instead of Japanese.  I've always envisioned the
Japanese
fleet as streamlined and high-tech instead of boxy, something with a bit
of
panache.  Similar to the FSE cruisers, perhaps.  I like the NSL and
similar
looking ships, but they're way too bulky to be Japanese. :)  Anyway,
that's
just my take on the matter.

Has anyone ever noticed that one Jon Tuffley is credited as a Special
Advisor in the Tactical Fild Support book for DP9's Heavy Gear?  I seem
recall this name popping up elsewhere in the book as a "renowned Terra
Novan
tactician" as well...  Coincidence?  I think not...

-trapper

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!