Prev: Re: miniatures query Next: Re: SGII: Ainsty Denizen 25mm figs?

[OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:04:28 +0100
Subject: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

Well, you all asked for it, so here's the next update of what we've been
busy on here at the GZG Command Bunker.....

Following last week's release of the first Islamic Ships for FT, I've
been
working hard on the next ship line; we're still not 100% sure whose
ships
they'll be (wavering between calling them UN or Japanese at the moment,
with the Japs as the front runner....), but the first few classes are
now
in pre-production mould stage and will actually be in production and
available for sale in the next few days.

These latest ships are very "techno-brick" in style, and I'm very
pleased
with them so far. The ones done so far are, I will freely admit, not too
unlike some of the Jovian Chronicles ships in overall style - I've
definitely NOT copied their designs, but I have certainly been inspired
by
the general configurations (to about the same degree, I guess, as a B5
Star
Fury could be said to be the same general configuration as a Star Wars
X-wing....); these look very "realistic" ships, with modular (and
interchangeable) sections for forward hulls, weapon and sensor booms,
reaction mass/cargo modules and drive units. We (and you) should be able
make a very large number of variations from mixing and matching various
parts from the classes (and yes, they WILL be easy to assemble...
<grin>).

When they are fully available I'll post a list, code numbers and prices
-
we may even have decided whose ships they are by then!!

(BTW, there will be more Islamics very soon.....)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: miniatures query Next: Re: SGII: Ainsty Denizen 25mm figs?