Prev: Re: NAC language suppression Next: Houston Gaming stores (confused / Games Masters)

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 21:28:26 -0700
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507

At 11:55 AM +0100 10/16/99, Tom Anderson wrote:
>bishops and archbishops. there are 26 of them, it seems, out of 1289
peers
>in total. they do attend the house, but much less than the active
>political peers. none of them sit on committees. i got all of this from
>the house of lords website:
>
>http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld199697/ldinfo/ldmeminf.htm
>
>anyway, given that the CoE today has more to do with social work than
it
>does with god, i don't particularly object. it's only when some bishop
>gets morally indignant about the depravity of modern life etc that i
feel
>like taking a cudgel to the lot of them :).

And don't forget to update the composition of the House of Lords as
well. I note this name

PATEL, Sir Narendra (Babubhai)	The Lord Patel	31.12.98

which would not have been considered not too long ago. EMpire's sure
do change, don't they ?

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: Re: NAC language suppression Next: Houston Gaming stores (confused / Games Masters)