Prev: Re: Webbed it right this time [FT] Next: Re: NAC language suppression

Re: NAC language suppression

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 23:41:49 +0100
Subject: Re: NAC language suppression

>>Having said that, I heard a story once about a joint military
>exercise in
>>the US that had Australian (I think), US, British, (and >one other -
maybe
>>Israeli) troops all operating together.  They found >that language was
>>still a barrier, 'cause the Americans had a really >hard time
understanding
>>the Brits over the radio....	Same with the >Brits and people speaking
with
>>southern US accents...
>
>Interesting enough, I'm a southerner who has just returned from a trip
>the UK and I learned that I couldn't understand anyone there who was
from
>any where north of London... but I found that after a couple of pints
that I
>could easily understand this girl I met from Yorkshire! ;) LOL!

Hey, WE sometimes have trouble understanding those from north of Norwich
or
west of Colchester.... Anyway, it's all flat caps and whippets north of
Watford Gap, innit?
 (We're an insular lot, us East Anglians).

<VERY BIG GRIN just in case anyone with a sense-of-humour bypass is
reading....!>

Jon (GZG)