Prev: Webbed it [FT] Next: Re: Webbed it [FT]

SLAM for SG2

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 02:54:04 -0400
Subject: SLAM for SG2

I probably have this written up somewhere better, just can't find it at
this exact instant. It'll be back in the archives somewhere.....

SLAM System:
Beaten zone is size in " x twice size in " (SLAM/3 is 3x6"). Everything
in the target area gets hit with attacks similar to artillery. To hit,
roll crew quality die vs. range die (target cover, etc. not relevant,
only raw range). D4 up to 12", D6 up to 24", etc. If quality die is
higher, no deviation. If quality die is equal or lower, deviate d12
direction,distance using same die as range die (d4 at close, d6 at next
range band, etc). If it isn't obvious, RB are 12" and since it is an
area weapon DO NOT increase with target size.

I used this for the "rocketpods" on my Aliens Gunship (GMS/H were the
big missile tubes). It met the need for a DF area unguided rocket
system. It might or might not match up reasonably with DS2, but it works
well in SG2.

Tom.

Prev: Webbed it [FT] Next: Re: Webbed it [FT]