Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG! Next: UGS2WS Update

Re: Recent SIMTAC experience

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 00:21:09 +0100
Subject: Re: Recent SIMTAC experience

>>You could try Scotia, they still produce and sell the Kryomek stuff.
>>I last saw them in april at Salute in London. They didn't look like
>>they were closing out inventory, but they were in the process of a
merger
>>or product line reorganisation or something, so they might have a new
name
>>by now. Check for their address on the Miniatures Page.
>

>And if you hear anything more about that name change, let me know.

For the UK, Scotia (who are also Kryomek, just to confuse things) have
stopped doing shows themselves, but have engaged a couple of chaps to do
the shows for them - so you'll still find a Scotia/Kryomek stand at some
of
the shows, but it is actually an independent outfit selling stuff for
S/K.
I think Robbie from Scotia is too busy with the castle he's bought to
make
the long trek southwards from the frozen reaches of Scotland!
Scotia are still going, and still supply all their stuff mailorder -
their
recent ads indicate ALL overseas mailorders to their Scottish address,
implying that Simtac are no longer the licensee for the US (logical as
Simtac appears to have shrunk to a small part-time operation, as noted
in
earlier posts).

Jon (GZG)