Prev: Re: SGII: SLAM Next: SW Houston Gaming Store

Re: SGII: SLAM

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:05:00 -0500
Subject: Re: SGII: SLAM

>From memory, I think the Slam can only target infantry directly at
short
range.	It can hit infantry indirectly at medium and long if they are
near
the target vehicle.  One nice thing about a slam is the number of chits
drawn against infantry is equal to the class of the weapon unlike other
systems which have a fixed limit.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 10/15 10:59 AM >>>
Excerpts from mail: 15-Oct-99 Re: SGII: SLAM by "Steve Pugh"@pugh.net

> SLAMs in DSII have a minimum range (is it 30"?) that is actually
> larger than many SGII tabletops. That's probably why they weren't
> included. Count them as off-table artillery.

Where are you seeing a minimum range?  I must have missed that.  Page 30
says "If a SLAM is fired at CLOSE range, it may hit ONLY the target it
is aimed at." but other than that I didn't see any restrictions on
minimum ranges.

Prev: Re: SGII: SLAM Next: SW Houston Gaming Store