Prev: Re: IF Fleet Next: Re: OT You want underreported news...

Re: NAC language suppression

From: "Scott Case" <tgunner@h...>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:27:18 PDT
Subject: Re: NAC language suppression

I doubt that there would be much language supression. English would
probably
be the most common language (business, military, etc), but Spanish and
Portugese would be common in South America as an every day language. I
would
bet most of these folks would speak English (as a second language)- if
for
anything than to compete in the job market! Both the US and the UK (not
mention Canada) are pretty free societies, so I seriously doubt that
there
would be much supression of native languages (other than to keep from
having
to publish driver's licnese tests in a dozen languages :). As for
population
for the LLAR... who knows- several million at least.

Prev: Re: IF Fleet Next: Re: OT You want underreported news...