Prev: Re: SGII: SLAM Next: NAC language suppression

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:35:06 +0100
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507

>>> And the Romanovs are a mix of Orthodox (Ukraine, etc.) and
>>> Muslim (central Asia)?
>>
>> I don't see the RH spreading into central Asia, rather I see that
>> region as being disputed by the IF and the ESU.
>
> I thought the RH was composed of the ex-members of the Commonwealth Of
> Independant States that had escaped being conquered by the ESU?  And
> certainly there are some former Soviet states that are largely Muslim.
The
> question is, which ones got absorbed by whom?

>From the timeline:
"A Beijing sponsored coup in Moscow results in the return of
Communist government to Russia and several of the Commonwealth
Republics. The Tsar and a sizeable military force flee to the
Ukraine, who along with Byelorussia and the Baltic States remain free
of the Communist shackle. The Communist states then create the
Eurasian Union. The remaining Commonwealth States create the Romanov
Hegemony, realising that divided they will be picked off by the
Eurasian Union in time"

Which can be taken as implying that the RH only consists of Ukraine,
Belarus and the baltic states. Maybe bits of southern Russia and
Georgia and neighbouring states (some of whom are Muslim), but I'd be
surprised if the RH spreads as far east as the big Muslim states in
central Asia (all those something-stans).

	Steve

--
Steve Pugh <steve@pugh.net>
The Society of Fantasy and Science Fiction Wargamers

Prev: Re: SGII: SLAM Next: NAC language suppression