Prev: SGII: Firing DFFG at infantry Next: Re: SGII: SLAM

Re: [OT]Geo-Hex Terrain for SG and DS

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:28:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT]Geo-Hex Terrain for SG and DS

Roger Books wrote:

> On 11-Oct-99 at 11:49, Michael Sarno (msarno@ptdprolog.net) wrote:
>
> >	Yes, Geo-Hex works great for any scale, expecially 6mm-25mm.
There
> > is nothing better out there to form the basis for your terrain.
> > Personally, I use Geo-Hex as the base and then add various pieces of
> > terrain to it, mostly War Zone GTS (http://www.War-Zone.com/).  For
some
> > idea how this looks, check out
> > http://www.geocities.com/~atomicat/albany.htm and
>
> Which series are you using for the warzone terrain?  I would guess
> series 4/natural for most of the stuff, but 1inch or 3/4inch.

    Most of what can be seen in the pics is scale 4 (natural) and scale
3
(1/2" 45deg), but I also have a few pieces in scale 1 and scale 2.  I
buy a
few pieces every few months and generally get more 3 & 4 than anything
else,
but I find a few pieces in the other scales help to break up the
monotony.
Since I mostly run in 1/72 ground/vertical scale, I don't count
"levels."
Having that "level 3" on one side being a different height than the
"level 3"
on the other side, just adds to the realism.  BTW, I'm planning on
bringing a
few pieces of my War Zone GTS terrain to GZG-ECC III for my Pod Racing
scenario, so anyone can take a look at it there.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: SGII: Firing DFFG at infantry Next: Re: SGII: SLAM