Prev: RE: OT You want underreported news...*** Request to stop thread * ** Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507

RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:29:00 -0500
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book

The different types of structure for the Sa'Vasku is getting a bit
complex
for how I envision them.  I must have deleted Imre's original post but
here
are some quick and dirty thoughts of my own.

No armor, just more damage boxes.  15 mass blocks, each giving a damage
track row of 5 boxes [00000].  Instead 4 rows of damage moving
horizontal,
the SV damage track is vertical with rows on top of each other.  A mass
90
SV would be indicated as:
	00000
	00000
	00000
	00000
	00000
	00000

No random power, each row with at least one undamaged box gives the ship
2?
power points per turn and 1 storage point.  Power can be used for:
*Thrust (1 point per thrust for each 2 rows)
*Beams (as EFSB Heavy Beams - each point of power used is a die rolled,
-1
per full 6" of range, fire cons equal to # of rows, no emitter system
needed)
*Point Defense (1 point of power, 6" range, roll a d6 and result is # of
fighters lost)
*Screens (4 points per level)
*FTL (1 point per original # or rows)
*Regenerate (2 points per box repaired)
etc

The power costs are best guess and not tested. This would be a simple
version so the energy allocation would be minimal but still make them
tough
and flexible.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
For the latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.homestead.com/star_ranger/index.html
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: RE: OT You want underreported news...*** Request to stop thread * ** Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507