Prev: Re: IF ship names Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507

RE: IF ship names

From: "Moody, Danny M." <DMoody@b...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:27:05 -0500
Subject: RE: IF ship names

I don't think that we have to avoid all the religious names, just make
sure
that we aren't using it the wrong way (for example, check out the flak
over
naming of SSN 705 USS City of Corpus Christi).	If there is an
historical
precedent of the name being used in the real world, I wouldn't see a
problem
with using it in the game.

There is a list of possible Farsi name for ships at
http://www.persian.com
under the 'Boy's Names' and 'Girl's Names' links, with pronunciation
guide
and english meanings.

 -- vargr1						UPP-8D9B85 --
The three principle virtues of a good programmer   |
dmoody@bridge-dot-com
 are Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris.		   | vargr1@jcn1-dot-com
	     ** Omnia dicta fortiora, si dicta latina. **

Prev: Re: IF ship names Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507