Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG! Next: Re: OT You want underreported news...

Re: DS2 Opportunity Fire

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:46:00 -0500
Subject: Re: DS2 Opportunity Fire

Good question.	I too have rarely seen players move a unit as a whole,
except for some WH40K players.	This is something you will need to come
agreement with your other players.  We usually just have the player move
all
vehicles up to that point (using unit integrity) in which the first
vehicle
was spotted for opportunity fire.  Most keep the same formation, but you

also have those who might move the other minis just out of line of
sight.
This can also work to the opportunity firing players advantage if it
causes
a morale check on the moving unit.  It might cause the unit to behave
differently like move to cover versus advancing, etc.

What's your take on this Jon T.?

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 10/14 9:46 AM >>>
Another question about opportunity fire:

A-----------------------------------I------B-----I-----------------C

A tank unit of 5 tanks are moving from A to C.
They get into optimum range of opponent unit X at location B.
Line of sight is blocked to the left and right of the 'I's.
X wants to take opportunity fire on the tank unit A at location B.

Now, I have rarely (read never) seen anyone move the entire tank unit as
whole (that is every miniature simultaneously). Usually I see the
elements
moved one at a time.

When does player X have to declare opportunity fire?
  When the first element reaches B?
  At any time an element is at B?
  Before the last element is at B?.
  Other?

Where are the rest of the elements of unit B placed?
  In a line at B?
  In a row at B?
  Same formation as started at A?
  Same formation that ended at B?
  Any formation that maintains unit integrity at B?
  Only the element a B, all other where they are? (seems very cheesy)

Often it makes a difference on cover or range.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ds2/
-----

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG! Next: Re: OT You want underreported news...