Prev: Webrings - Ringmaster Speaks Next: [FT] - Islamic Ship Class Names

RE: Webrings - Ringmaster Speaks

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:02:48 +0100
Subject: RE: Webrings - Ringmaster Speaks

>A new graphic will be required, I think we should just let everyone try
>to design one then pick the best (of course we don't post them
>to list).
>Maybe we should let Bwana Jon pick his favourite, it is his game after
>all.

If its a new GZG ring then surely the official GZG logo
would be most appropriate (scaled appropriately) and
recognisable

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/gzg-logo.gif

>I like the idea of several smaller images bound in a table, this allows
>the use of ALT= for those speed freaks with graphics turned off and
>should load faster.

an image map at the right size won't be that slow to load plus the
browser will cache it, a table is simpler and works for text only

>Simple is good. Maybe we should have an index page, which has each page
>sorted by type (FT, DS II, SG II...) It only needs to be built
>once then upgraded every so often.

Maintenance nightmare, I think the auto generated ring org pages
are adequate.

>So what searcher fodder do we need in the ring description?
>Off the top of my head:

>full thrust, dirtside, stargrunt, kra'vak, sa'vasku, starship, wargame,
>jon, tuffley, gzg, ground zero games,

I'd be more inclined for a simpler scheme based on the GZG publication
and author. we need a cannonical list of GZG publications either
full or abbreviated so that everyone uses the same termonology.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Webrings - Ringmaster Speaks Next: [FT] - Islamic Ship Class Names