Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG! Next: Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry (actually another one)

Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:47:21 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry

G'day Mr M'Spaceman'k

>Ohhhh, man, now you want me to go dig up my lab in order to demonstrate
>for you just how far away things are in space.  ;-)

Don't do anything drastic on my account! I have to move office next
month -
not looking forward to that!!!!

>Simple answer: no difference between what you see on Earth - and what
>you would see on any of the planets in the solar system. The stars are
>just too damned far away for there to be ANY noticeable difference in
>the small, dinky, compact area that is Our Solar System(tm).

That's what I thought, just wanted to be 100% sure. Thanks.

>I'll dig up the info later if anyone is truly interested in doing for
>themselves measurements to demonstrate distances between the planets
>and stars.

Something to freak my kids out with hey? ;)

Thanks

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG! Next: Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry (actually another one)