Prev: One Ring To Bind Them Next: Re: One Ring To Bind Them

RE: Scenario designs (was InterFET) [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <rick@e...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:03:21 -0400
Subject: RE: Scenario designs (was InterFET) [CLEAN STAMP]

Stuart Murray did a good job of this in his StarGrunt II scenario
during the GZG east coast convention last year. Every player had
a slip of paper with their goals outlined on it, and the only time
any one of the players could talk with each other was after a
successful "communications" roll. Since nobody could ask, "What the
hell are you doing over there?" without spending an action, each
player had the opportunity to achieve their individual goals without
necessarily tipping their hand to the other players.

-- Rick Rutherford
I apologize in advance for the junk appended to this message
by the mail server.

Steven M Goode wrote:
> The question is, how would you do this sort of thing if each player
> is controlling multiple groups with conflicting goals?  It's easy
> enough to do if you have one set of objectives per player.  If you
> have more than one, you'd have to restrict/sway what each unit will
> do based on their objectives.  Probably not impossible, but
> definitely tricky.  Any ideas?

======
10/13/99 14:03:22

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and it’s customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======

Prev: One Ring To Bind Them Next: Re: One Ring To Bind Them