Prev: Re: Short demonstration games Next: One Ring To Bind Them

Re: InterFET

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:20:40 -0700
Subject: Re: InterFET

Jeremy Sadler wrote:

> How much news about East Timor are people in the US, UK et al seeing?
I'm
> curious to see how this is viewed in other parts of the globe.

In the US it's being reported matter of factly. We hear at least a
little
something most every day on the news. I would love to see a bit more
footage
though, particularly of the uniforms and equipment. (Has InterFET
deployed
armor yet? Gunships?)  It's not that big a deal over here since we
ourselves
are deployed all over the world in a bunch of places so people kind of
get used
to it.

Of course where I live there are a lot of pork-chops (portuguese) so
East Timor
is a big deal, heck they wanted the UN to invade the place regardless of
what
Indonesia says since as you know ET was a Portuguese colony until
1975,(plus I
believe there are some Portuguese troops on IntertFET.

> Did any news about the border skirmish between Aussie and Indonesian
troops
> reach the world press?

Yeah we hear about that on the news over here. Good luck and good job.
Glad to
see someone else taking charge for once. Looks like the Aussie troops
will see
a little bit more action than usual which translates to some valuable
experience for the infantry. If you get any pertinent details of
tactical
operations let us know.

Los

Prev: Re: Short demonstration games Next: One Ring To Bind Them