Prev: Re: [OT] Re: InterFET Next: Re: One Ring to Rule Them All

Re:InterFET

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:57:51 -0700
Subject: Re:InterFET

At 10:37 PM +1000 10/13/99, Jeremy Sadler wrote:
>How much news about East Timor are people in the US, UK et al seeing?
I'm
>curious to see how this is viewed in other parts of the globe.
>
>Did any news about the border skirmish between Aussie and Indonesian
troops
>reach the world press?

Yeah, I've just been following sound bites on CNN, but the Aussies
did make the news over here. I'll note that Pakistan got more
coverage yesterday than Timor has for the last week (then again, I've
got a friend visiting India so maybe its just an attention thing). SO
no, its not being ignored.

FWIW, the NavWarGames list at onelist.com has been discussing East
Timor as a Harpoon scenario. Interested types may want to check that
out.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: InterFET Next: Re: One Ring to Rule Them All