Prev: Re: DSII Terrain Next: Re: InterFET

[ot] real-time leonid meteor shower tracking page

From: "The thing is, we're not that good. It's just that everybody else sucks. (a Navy SEALs quote)" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:14:54 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [ot] real-time leonid meteor shower tracking page

While not really FT/DSII/DSII/FMA-related, it is spacey and some
of you around the world might be interested in the upcoming Leonid
meteor shower/storm (whether or not it will 'storm' or just be a
spectacular display is up in the air - so to speak!). There is an
option of participating in the real-time monitoring/reporting on
this meteor shower. All info you can find in the attached portion
of an AAS newsletter, below. And whether or not you participate in
this, may you have clear skies (I didn't last year :( ) and enjoy
the show (whether or not the shower 'storms')

Mk
6.  REAL-TIME LEONID METEOR STORM TRACKING

The Aerospace Corporation's Space Operations Support Office
(SOPSO) is planning to collect	data on the 1999 Leonid Meteor
storm and disseminate it in real time on the World Wide Web.
Users can monitor the storm's activity	by visiting
http://WWW.LEONIDSTORM.COM.  Data from various well-qualified
observes will be displayed in graphical form (ZHR, raw counts,
etc.) along with the time of the predicted peak.  Real time
summaries of the storm's progress, and anecdotal reports of
unusual events such as fireballs, etc. will also be provided.

At the present time we have commitments from a number of
observations teams including both ground and aircraft-based
campaigns.  Data need not be submitted as ZHR.	Data in any
uniform manner which will indicate relative strength of the
storm are acceptable.  If you would be interested in contributing
your data real time, please contact Dr. David K. Lynch or
Dr. William H. Ailor at The Aerospace Corporation
(david.k.lynch@aero.org, william.h.ailor@aero.org). If you
will be displaying your own real time data and do not wish to
contribute to our efforts, we will be happy to include a link to
your site.

Prev: Re: DSII Terrain Next: Re: InterFET