Prev: Re: [FT] Outlanders MEGA battles (was Jovian Formation) Next: Re: Star Maps

Re: Star Maps

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:57:21 +1300
Subject: Re: Star Maps

Phillip Pournelle wrote:
> Unfortunately, the three D view is not effective for a campaign map.
Is it possible to generate a 2D map, perhaps on a hex sheet, where
there are distortions of the star's actual position,  but positioned to
create a sense of how far apart they would be for  a strategic view?

	I don't know about a hex map, but certainly a point and line map
could
be drawn for subsets of the stars. Each star empire could have it's own
map. The "capital" stars of each empire could then be placed on their
own map.
	For the point and lines map, there's an application in Sun's
sample
Java applets which could be useful for a web based system.
Unfortunately, I've forgotten the name of the applet.

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: Re: [FT] Outlanders MEGA battles (was Jovian Formation) Next: Re: Star Maps