Prev: Re: [FT] Outlanders MEGA battles (was Jovian Formation) Next: Re: [FT] Outlanders MEGA battles (was Jovian Formation)

Star Maps

From: "Phillip Pournelle" <emisle@e...>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:50:28 -0400
Subject: Star Maps

I'm very impressed by the work done by the gentleman who built the star
maps for the GZG universe.
The impression I get is that the gathering of a number of stars is based
on their 3-D positioning.  While a group of stars apear to be so far
apart as to denigh any sense of contiguency, in a three D view they
actually do.

    Unfortunately, the three D view is not effective for a campaign map.
 Is it possible to generate a 2D map, perhaps on a hex sheet, where
there are distortions of the star's actual position,  but positioned to
create a sense of how far apart they would be for  a strategic view?