Prev: RE: Popping out of the woodwork! Next: Re: Popping out of the woodwork!

Re: [SGII --mainly] More Cammo ideas, and some neat models.

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:30:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [SGII --mainly] More Cammo ideas, and some neat models.

At 12:11 PM 10/10/99 +0100, The Jon wrote:
>[snip]
>>Also nice is the only 1/72 scale kit in the line, a tank called (and I
>>don't know why...) "Nutrocker":
>
>Armed with Stinger missiles....?
>
><Bad joke that sadly reveals my age....>
>
>BIG GRIN
>
>Jon (GZG)

Well, Jon's joke I have to admit I don't get, but I can drop an idea on
why
the tank is called Nutrocker:

IIRC, the first generation power suits in the background for the
story/game
(Maschinen Kreiger, aka SF3D) were... either shaped like nuts, or it's
just
that the pilots were called nuts.  Not sure. ^_^;  In any case, the
Nutrocker was a stopgap-measure tank developed by the Shutoral
Government
to try and hold back the mercenary armored suits while they developed
their
own... and it proved to be effective enough that the design stuck around
afterword.  The tank is *actually* supposed to be called "Nutcracker"
but
the translation from Japanese was lacking a little something... and then
the name got established, so who wanted to change it?  ('Sides,
Nutrocker
is cooler. ^_^ )  In any case, there's a whole slew of material, comics,
videos, models, etc. available on this series, but most of it's in
Japan,
though the map & counter game was translated and released in the US.
The
original series (TV, I think) was shot using highly detailed models the
writer had built... it's pretty nifty.

See also "http://www.sf3d.com/", it's another site with a bit of the
history, etc.

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kucejko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: RE: Popping out of the woodwork! Next: Re: Popping out of the woodwork!