Prev: Re: My first FT 3D CGI rendering Next: RE: [Convention] GZG East Coast Convention Announcement

RE: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 07:22:21 -0400
Subject: RE: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities)

I think that if I were doing it I would put them belly to belly.
This then gives the landing platform much more head room.
The only drawback that I see is that the landing platform is
asymmetrical.
Having the angled side opposite on the ships may make it look funny.
Were you going to do two Inflexibles, an Inflexible and an Arc Royal or
two
Arc Royals? If two Arc Royals, I would probably only mount one boom.

When I rang it in the my FTSR Type 3 Ship Designer, I ended up with the
following:
Abyss class Uber Carrier
Brian Bell
Tech: Human (FB)
Govt: NAC
Mass: 400
Cost: 1380 (1596)
Clas: Uber Carrier (CVU)
Hull: Weak
Strm: None
FTL: Std.
MD: 4
Armr: 24
Damg: 80; 20/20/20/20
Crew: 20
Sens: Std.
Systems
 2 x Screen
 4 x FCS
 8 x PDS
 4 x Class-2 beam (All)
 4 x Class-1 beam (All)
 12 x Fighter Bay
Notes:

The ship ended up witht the same mass/cost as two Arc Royals. I would
think
that the flexiblity of two ships (including the quicker launch/recovery
time) would be better than one Uber-Carrier.

-----
Brian Bell
brian_bell@dscc.dla.mil
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

[snip]

> I'm currently contemplating a super carrier form for Full Thrust.
> Essentially two hull sections arranged en-echelon, both with launch
decks
> a fore and engine sections to the rear.

[snip]

Prev: Re: My first FT 3D CGI rendering Next: RE: [Convention] GZG East Coast Convention Announcement