Prev: Re: [FT]FSE Reinforcements Next: Re: FT-Mobile Suits

Re: FT-Mobile Suits

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:00:21 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Mobile Suits

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Eli Arndt wrote:

> I like this, though isn't firing at an MS on the hull just asking for
> friendly fire damage?

Presumably the point defense is precise enough to do this. any damage
would be negligeble. PDS has hard enough of a time damaging a ship when
its trying to.

One thing I relized was that the Mobile Suits should be succeptable to
the target ship's PDS when approaching _AND_ leaving. If they for some
reason decide to leave before mission killing the ship, it gets to shoot

at them as they depart.

Would it make sense to allow Mobile Suits to trash specific systems once

they are on the ship, ala a needle beam?

> This I like, though how far do you take it.  What about Strengthening
Men -
> those really nasty New Types.  Of course that brings into use the
whole
> Newtype Weapon thing.  Funnels, Fannels, Bits, Incom systems and the
like.
> And of course there are always the huge Mobile Armours which are the
size of
> small ships.

How would you work an elmeth?

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: [FT]FSE Reinforcements Next: Re: FT-Mobile Suits