Prev: Re: John's Bogies. . . Next: Re: [FT]FSE Reinforcements

Re: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP]

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:30:00 -0500
Subject: Re: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP]

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 10/07 9:36 AM >>>
Rick Rutherford wrote:
>When we were playing with Ogres in DSII, we treated the Ogre as >if it
>were a bunch of vehicles -- the primary batteries were MDC-4's >with
Armor
4R, the secondary batteries were MDC-2's with armor >3R, and the tread
units
were 4 or 6 slow-tracked vehicles with >armor 5 (IIRC). Each "vehicle"
that
made up the Ogre (except the >treads) had superior ECM and PDS systems.

Seems like it would be more expensive than the book construction system
since you are paying for all the mobility costs per section.

>The systems on the Ogre are targeted individually, and if you draw
>a BOOM chit, you only destroy the individual system.

I like this idea a lot as it plays well with the theme behind Ogres and
Bolos.	I would add a mod to the rule for movement:  If a single tread
module receives a damaged, immobilized, or boom chit, the entire vehicle
has
it maximum movement reduced by half.  If more than two tread modules
receive
a damaged, immobilized, or boom chit, the vehicle is immobilized.

>If the Ogre was alone on the battlefield, it usually died a
>"death of a thousand cuts" as its capabilities were slowly whittled
>away, but it was more deadly when mixed in with conventional >forces.

This seems more in line with the theme of these large tanks from what I
have
read.  Taking one out in a single lucky hit just doesn't seem the same.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: Re: John's Bogies. . . Next: Re: [FT]FSE Reinforcements